The Harmful Rays of the Moral Vacuum

The Harmful Rays of the Moral Vacuum
Please be advised that for your safety you must exit this blog on foot, calmly and quickly.

Friday, March 5, 2010

For your viewing pleasure

It's been far too long since I've posted, but I'm too lazy today to write something of substance.  When it comes to a lack of substance, nothing beats YouTube clips.  I present for you a small sampling of my favorites.

A few years back, there was no such thing as the Tea Party movement.  But the creative geniuses at Smirnoff invited us a Tea Par-tay with a couple of straight gangstas.



I consider Bing Crosby one of my style icons, and I love the movie White Christmas.  But I was shocked to find out about this hidden subtext.

This is funny, but it still doesn't answer what Meatloaf won't do for love.


One of my favorite late night commercials.  Try not to let the jingle get stuck in your head.


For those nostalgics out there.  You'll get caught up in the...


He doesn't have all night, ladies.


In which the Fonz and Henry Winkler both do their part to keep the children of 1984 safe from pedophiles.  The song at 1:27 really cleared things up for me.


And in the name of diversity, two non YouTube resources which I encourage the liberal use of.  For those writers out there, check out the twitter feed of the Fake AP style book.  It's half as useful but ten times more fun than the real AP style book.  And for those who wonder what Twitter would have been like in days of old, check out Tweets of Old.  Hilarious excerpts from turn of the century newspapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment